Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Tuna, tomato and rice triangles recipe
The Rice Recipes kitchen (The home of delicious Rice Recipes) invites you to try Tuna, tomato and rice triangles recipe. Enjoy quick & easy rice cooking recipes and learn how to make Tuna, tomato and rice triangles.
1/2 cup basmati rice, rinsed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small brown onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
185g can tuna in oil, drained, flaked
1/4 cup semi-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
1/4 cup pouring cream
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 tablespoons dill, chopped
18 sheets filo pastry
125g butter, melted
1. Cook rice, following absorption method on packet. Set aside to cool.
2. Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft. Remove to a bowl. Add rice, tuna, semi-dried tomato, cream, egg and dill. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Place 1 pastry sheet on workbench. Brush with butter. Top with another pastry sheet and brush with butter. Repeat to form 3 layers. Cut pastry lengthways into thirds.
4. Spoon 1 heaped tablespoon tuna mixture onto short end of each pastry strip. Fold pastry over filling to form a triangle. Continue to fold triangle over itself, down length of pastry strip. Brush with butter. Place on a greased baking tray. Repeat with remaining pastry, butter and filling.
5. Bake triangles for 15 to 20 minutes or until pastry is golden. Set aside to cool.
To freeze: Wrap each triangle in plastic wrap. Place triangles in an airtight container. Freeze for up to 3 months. To thaw, remove from freezer the night before and unwrap. Place on a plate lined with paper towel and refrigerate. Transfer to lunch box in the morning.
Super Food Ideas - February 2006, Page 22
Recipe by Kim Meredith
More Rice Recipes:
Spiced pork with sesame rice
Pork rice paper rolls
Five spice chicken and fried rice
Vanilla rice pudding with poached rhubarb
Little spanakopita with rice
Mediterranean tuna & rice bake
Save and share Tuna, tomato and rice triangles recipe
Want to share this rice recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.