Monday, March 7, 2011
Spiced pork with sesame rice recipe
The Rice Recipes kitchen (The home of delicious Rice Recipes) invites you to try Spiced pork with sesame rice recipe. Enjoy quick & easy rice recipes and learn how to make Spiced pork with sesame rice.
It's a constant challenge to come up with meals that everyone likes. This does the trick though and it features the four S's of Asian cooking: salty, sweet, sour and spicy.
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 55 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
1 tbs peanut oil
4cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut into matchsticks
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 small fresh red chilli, thinly sliced
2 brown onions, halved, cut into thick wedges
700g pork rashers, cut into 3cm pieces
80ml (1/3 cup) kecap manis
60ml (1/4 cup) soy sauce
3 whole star anise
1 tbs brown sugar
2 tsp Chinese five spice
1 lemon, halved, juiced, halves reserved
800ml beef stock
Steamed Asian greens, to serve
600g (3 cups) long-grain rice
1 tbs sesame seeds
1 tbs sesame oil
1. Heat a wok over high heat. Add the oil and heat until just smoking. Stir-fry the ginger, garlic and chilli for 5-10 seconds or until aromatic. Add the onion and stir-fry for 1 minute or until soft.
2. Add the pork and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until browned.
3. Add the kecap manis, soy sauce, star anise, brown sugar and Chinese five spice. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the lemon juice, lemon halves and stock. Simmer for 25 minutes or until the pork is tender.
4. Remove and discard the lemon halves. Transfer the pork to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm. Bring the soy sauce mixture to the boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly. Return the pork to the wok and stir over medium heat until heated through.
5. Meanwhile, to make the sesame rice, cook the rice following packet directions, adding sesame seeds and sesame oil at the start of cooking.
6. Divide the rice, Asian greens and pork among serving dishes. Drizzle over the sauce.
Serving tip: If you're a coriander lover, top with fresh coriander sprigs.
Good Taste - December 2010, Page 31
Recipe by Reader recipe
More Rice Recipes:
Pork rice paper rolls
Five spice chicken and fried rice
Vanilla rice pudding with poached rhubarb
Little spanakopita with rice
Mediterranean tuna & rice bake
Mediterranean tuna and rice pie
Save and share Spiced pork with sesame rice recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.