Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Lemon chicken with saffron rice recipe
The Rice Recipes kitchen (The home of delicious Rice Recipes) invites you to try Lemon chicken with saffron rice recipe. Enjoy tasty rice recipes and learn how to make Lemon chicken with saffron rice.
Ingredients (serves 4)
8 chicken drumsticks
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 cup basmati rice
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 lemon, rind grated, juiced
Pinch saffron threads
1/3 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons rosemary leaves
1. Place drumsticks into a large shallow glass or ceramic dish.
2. Make marinade Drizzle chicken with lemon juice, oil, rosemary and pepper. Turn to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 8 hours, turning.
3. Preheat oven to 180°C. Transfer chicken and marinade to a roasting pan. Cook for 45 minutes, turning occasionally, or until cooked through.
4. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion for 5 minutes. Add rice. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add stock, lemon rind, juice and saffron.
5. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 12 minutes. Remove from heat. Stand for 5 minutes. Stir rice with a fork. Serve with chicken.
Super Food Ideas - May 2004, Page 59
Recipe by Tracy Rutherford
More Rice Recipes:
Best Spanish Rice
Saffron rice with chicken & peppers
Honey soy chicken with vegie rice
Pork and rice meatball bake
Tuna, tomato and rice triangles
Spiced pork with sesame rice
Save and share Lemon chicken with saffron rice recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.