|Kittencal's Old Fashioned Rice Pudding|
Total Time 1hr 5mins
Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
his recipe goes back over 20 years, it so rich and creamy and one of the best rice puddings!
3⁄4 cup uncooked white shortgrain rice (Aborio rice is good)
3⁄4-1 cup sugar
1 pinch salt
1 quart milk or 1 quart half-and-half
1 (14 ounce) can evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup raisins (optional)
3 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons water
- In a large heavy-bottom saucepan, cook rice according to package.
- Drain any additional liquid; add the sugar, pinch of salt, half and half, evaporated milk and vanilla.
- Mix, and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the water and cornstarch together until smooth; add to the rice mixture; simmer for 20 minutes longer.
- Let cool, add the raisins.